Helping To Fund... Helps Us To Serve
For the last decade we've worked diligently to enhance the lives of the families that we serve, and we know all too well that this is not something we can accomplish alone. With government funding being cut regularly, we rely on thoughtful, committed citizens like you to support our efforts to serve those impacted by Autism and Developmental Disorders. In 2018, we are evermore committed to delivering much needed resources, throughout the Chicagoland area - providing:
- Monthly support groups that host guest facilitators, Provide information on resources and create dialogue for discussion and support.
- Family outings and Peer Dances that provide educational opportunities to teach and practice acceptable public behaviors and socialization skills.
- 1st Responder Trainings - teaching the signs and symptoms of Autism
- Trainings for Staff at local Municipalities, Park Districts, and Community Businesses.
- Bullying Prevention Program “BULLYING is not THE ANSWER”
- Music N Me exercise, nutrition and dance program.
- Sponsor children and young adults, to "Special Camps for Special Citizens" a Horseback riding camp in Winfield, IL.
- Spectrum University Tutoring Program for Special Needs Young Adults.
While enhancing the lives of families impacted by Autism and Developmental Disorders means meeting a broad set of needs, funds raised from our annual walkathon, helps fund our Saturday University Programming - which is our signature and most needed offering.
Additionally, the walkathon helps us to maintain our recreational events calendar which is equally, if not more important - depending on who you are talking to.
I simply say all of that to say... thank you in advance for supporting our 2018 Open Your Heart To Autism WALK-A-THON --- See You There